One of the area’s most popular annual events is the local marathon that occurs every February. This year marks the 17th Annual Myrtle Beach Marathon and Half Marathon that will be held on Saturday, February 15 at Myrtle Beach Pelicans Stadium. Every year during this event the streets of Myrtle Beach are transformed into a jungle scene that is the backdrop to an unforgettable experience by all involved in it. This event supports the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. After being a part of this event, you will understand why thousands of people declare that the Myrtle Beach Marathon is so much more than a marathon. By making the decision to take part in this unforgettable weekend, you will undoubtedly walk away a changed person.
If you’re one of the lucky one’s making plans for attending the marathon this year you’ll need some accommodations. Our Sandy Beach Oceanfront Resort is one of the most favorite Myrtle Beach SC resorts in the area preferred by marathoners of every caliber. Take a look at what we have available right here on our website. Whether you want to be oceanfront or ocean view, you’ll like what we have to offer you.
Marathon Weekend is February 13-15, 2014, and following is the schedule for what’s taking place and when.
- Thursday, February 13: 5:00 p.m. Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 14: 11:00 a.m. Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 14: 5:30 p.m. Ripley’s Aquarium Family Fun Run
- Friday, February 14: 6:30 p.m. Junior Post Race Party at Ripley’s Aquarium
- Friday, February 14: 7:00 p.m. Neon Night 5K
- Saturday, February 15: 6:30 a.m. Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
- Saturday, February 15: 5:00 p.m. House of Blues Post Race Party
The sooner you make your reservations the better. This popular marathon event has rentals filling up fast in this area. You don’t want to register for the marathon and then not be able to find a place to stay. Marathon registration is open for a few more weeks and events are filling up fast.